Thursday, October 10, 2013

CA Pride - Our Faculty and Staff

Christopher Academy has a fantastic team of teachers and staff. And TEAM Is the operative word. We work together on a daily basis to ensure that we are bringing the mission of CA to life in all that we do. Depending on how long your child has been a CA student, you may feel that you know a great deal about our teachers. Over the next several weeks I plan to introduce you to them from a different perspective....mine. These will include brief "behind the scenes" glimpses of what I see each day as I walk around the building and playground.

Just to illustrate what I mean by team, I will share a short story: Last Friday, at the conclusion of our faculty meeting the faculty surprised me with an early "Boss's Day" card and gift. While I deeply appreciated their very generous gift and kind words, I rarely feel like a BOSS. I consider myself to be quite fortunate to know that I am part of a learning community in which we continue to learn and grow right along with our students. What better way to foster a love of learning than for us to model our love of learning for our students.

As you may recall from our Back to School Open House introductions, most of our faculty and staff "wear multiple hats". So as I write these pieces I will focus on one aspect of each person's job at a time. I may come back to another part of her job at a later date. I am going to call this series CA PRIDE - (teachers name) because I am so proud to be a part of this teaching team. I hope you enjoy getting to know them just a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment